SOCIAL MEDIA

February 4, 2018

Galentines Day Guide


Hey Friends! I am so excited to share this blog post with you, I have had so much fun putting it together! First of all, if you're unfamiliar with what Galentine's day is, here's a little background on it! Galentine's day is originally from an episode of the TV show Parks and Recreation. Essentially, one of the characters, Leslie, in the show throws an annual party for all her lady friends and calls it her 'Galentine's Day Party' which is celebrated the day before Valentine's Day. As Leslie would describe it, “Every February 13, my ladyfriends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.” Since the episode aired, many fans celebrated it and it's now a tradition for many who have never watched the show (including myself!), this article is great and goes more in-depth if you want more info on how Galentine's Day came about!

In my opinion, Galentine's day is so much more fun because who doesn't love spending time with their favorite gals? From gifts to movies to treats, I've got you covered! In this post, I'm sharing some of my favorite recipes, a gift guide (even though technically you're supposed to give handmade gifts for Galentine's Day), some movie ideas, a girl boss music playlist, and a list of fun different activities to do!



Technically when it comes to Galentine's day, you're supposed to make some handmade gifts and while you can do that, you could also buy gifts! This gift guide I put together has gifts that cost as low as $6 and are perfect to give to your favorite ladies!
If you're like me, when it comes to watching movies on girls night, you immediately turn to google to give you some ideas for movies to watch. This list of movies is of a few genres, from comedy to romance to drama, hopefully it will give you an idea of a movie to watch!

Nothing makes getting together with your friends more fun than some music! This playlist is just a few song that are empowering to women and perfect for Galentines Day!
Link to Recipes: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 

Of course with every party and get together comes delicious treats! I'm sharing some of my favorite valentine galentines day recipes and you can find each one linked below the list!

While you probably already have some ideas on what you might do for your Galentine's day get together, I still made a list of things to do in case you're struggling to think of something. Of course, the first one that came to mind for me was shopping but in the same day you could also do a spa day, go out for dinner and end the night with a great movie and some treats and snacks! What ever you decide to do, I hope your Galentine's day is a huge success and let me know how it went!





Post a Comment