SOCIAL MEDIA

September 16, 2018

Sunday Praise No. 2


Hey everyone! So excited to be posting another Sunday Praise post this Sunday. Was so sad I couldn't post one last Sunday, I had a family emergency. That being said, all prayers would be very appreciated with so much going on in my family right now. The past few weeks have definitely been a whirlwind so I feel like I'm just now trying to get back into the swing of things even with all that is occurring! I know God will give me the strength and confidence I need and that alone is enough for me. Anyways, I am loving this weeks Sunday Praise post and I hope you do too!


Lately, as I have said, I’ve definitely felt many burdens, some still going on, where I’ve really had to put all my trust in God through it all. To wrap my mind around the fact that God knows far more than we’ll ever know is difficult. Our biggest picture is his smaller picture, isn’t that so crazy to think about? That he knows the next second, minute, hour, day, month, year, decade of our lives. I've kept Jeremiah {29:11}, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." 

He has our entire lives planned out by the minute. Everything that happens is there for a reason and it's all being worked within God's hand. God knows. And knowing that keeps me so content and in my weakest of times, I have to really put all of my faith in him to remember that. I know there was a reason I stayed home this past year and when I realized I wouldn't be able to go to College this semester either, I knew there was another reason coming. I wasn't necessarily ready for that reason but its happening now and knowing God is there through it all, tiny blessings along the way, is all I need.


I've actually been doing some devotions lately and I absolutely love Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It's a devotional book for every day of the year and you may have heard of it. I just love how the words are so beautifully written and crafted. It's such a great way to start the day and I actually read the same day at the end of the day as well. If you're looking for a deep and meaningful devotional book, I highly recommend looking into this one! 

Alongside devotions, I've just been dwelling on different verses from Psalms that are full of encouragement like Psalm 37:4, Psalm 121:1-2, Psalm 16:8, Psalm 23:4 and a couple others. On days where I'm really struggling I look to these verses to keep me calm and collected. Knowing my strength comes from the Lord and looking to his word in time of trouble is just what I need. He brings the light on the dark days and plenty of water in a drought. He is there every step of the way and thats really what these verses help me to remember. Psalms is one of my favorite books of the Bible because of the encouraging words they have.


 Instead of podcasts this week, I've actually been listening to a lot of worship music. One song in particular I've had on repeat is "Yes I will" by vertical worship, it just really relates to what I'm going through currently and the words really speak to me. Alongside that song, I've also been listening to Lauren Daigles new album 'Look Up Child' and it is SO good. Seriously, SO good! The words of every song she's written really speak to me and carry so much meaning. Especially Rescue, Love like this, Remember and so many others. If you haven't heard her new album, add it to your playlist right now, you will love it! 

I hope that this week, especially as we near exams and the beginning of the Fall, that you feel God's presence and in every struggle you have, he brings you peace.








Post a Comment