SOCIAL MEDIA

January 9, 2018

Best Brands for Petite Clothing


Growing up I was never able to find clothes that fit quite right. My sleeves would be too long, my jeans would look funny and I'd have to roll them up, my shirts would look too long, etc. It was a constant struggle to find clothes that fit me just right which not only made me feel conscious about my body but it was also very disappointing because I loved fashion and I felt like since everything fit funny, there wasn't a lot of clothes that I could wear. It wasn't until just a couple years ago that I realized I need to wear petite clothing and that's when everything changed. I was able to wear jeans that were the right length, sweaters that fit and coats that had the right length and sleeves. Now don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I can't walk into a store and find something I like that fits me but every now and then I do struggle with a shirt being too long or pants looking funny. That's why I've found some of my favorite brands simply because they sell petite clothing that fits and looks great. I wanted to share with all of you where I find some of my favorite petite clothing since it can be a huge struggle.
  • ASOS - I was hesitant at first to buy petite clothing from ASOS since I'd never bought anything from them before but I was very pleased with their petite clothing. I bought a skirt from them and the length was perfect. Rarely do I find skirts that fit great so whenever I see something from ASOS that I like, I always check to make sure they have it in petite first!
  • J. Crew & J. Crew Factory - I've always been a big fan of J. Crew and J. Crew factory in general but when I realized they sold some of their clothing in petite sizes, I became an even bigger fan! Two of my favorite coats were purchased from them in petite sizes and I wear them constantly. If you're looking for a petite coat, definitely take a look at J. Crew.
  • Old Navy, GAP, Banana Republic - If you're petite then you know how insanely difficult it is to find a great pair of jeans at the right length! I was stuck rolling my jeans up since I could never find a great pair but I decided to take a risk and order some jeans from Old Navy (I hate ordering jeans without trying them on) and I was so glad I did. The length is great and they fit perfectly, I highly recommend checking out old navy, GAP, or banana republic for a great pair of petite jeans!
  • Ann Taylor & Loft - Ann Taylor and Loft are great options for petite clothing, especially business casual clothes. They are great if you're looking for a nice coat or if you're looking for some great basics. I am very particular about what I like when it comes to clothes but both have options I love!
  • Express - One of my favorite pairs of pants that I own is actually from Express believe it or not! Express isn't my go to brand for pants but I definitely am a big fan of some of their clothing. They have great staples that you can buy in petite and they are so comfortable.
  • Brooks Brothers - If you're looking for quality staple petite clothing, Brooks Brothers is the place to go! While they don't have a lot of petite clothing, they have the very basics like buttons downs and nice pants. Brooks Brothers is great for high end petite clothing!
  • Talbots - I love Talbots because they have all different sorts of styles within their clothing brand. I'm a huge sucker for their sweaters and they come in petite! If you're looking for some cute tops that you can get in petite, I suggest going to talbots and taking a look. (They also have some of the cutest spring & summer dresses!)

Hope this helped if you're looking for places to buy petite clothing!


1 comment :