SOCIAL MEDIA

May 26, 2018

Mackinac Recap

Hey everyone! If you've been watching my Instagram stories then you know that I recently visited Mackinac Island located in Lake Huron Michigan. I went with my grandpa, cousin and aunt and it was such a fun time. I planned the trip back in February to originally go with my grandma and grandpa to spend some time with them since I would be going off to College in August and my cousin would be studying abroad next semester. Unfortunately, my grandma wasn't feeling well so she couldn't go but luckily my Aunt was able to so it was nice to be able to spend some time with her!

Mackinac Island was more gorgeous and unique than I could have ever imagined. It is the cutest little city with so much charm and history to it. We stayed in the cutest little bed and breakfast called the Cloghaun which was built in 1884 and is still decorated true to its time. Every room within the home is unique and has its own name. We stayed in the Anna which had two beds and its own bathroom. The home also had the cutest sitting area to watch TV or read a book and the dining area was so nice.


      



    


There are so many historical and gorgeous places to visit on the island including the Grand Hotel. We didn't go inside the Grand Hotel but we definitely spent a lot of time exploring around it. There was also an ice cream parlor connected to it where we had the best banana split!


    


We ate at some of the tastiest restaurants including Millie's, Yankee Rebel, Chuck Wagon, and Good Fellows. I highly recommend all of them! They were all so good and the service was great! One of my favorite things we did was take a bike ride around the island and see a few of the landmarks including Arch Rock. I also loved seeing Mission Point and looking at their gift shop where they sell some of my favorite brands including KJP and the Nantucket Brand! 


   

Obsessed with this dress from KJP! 
    

On the last day we went to the little shops and bought some souvenirs for ourselves and for friends, bought more fudge and explored the Grand Hotel once more.



    

 


Overall, it was such a fun trip and I hope to go back again next year. Going to Mackinac has been something I've always wanted to do as a little girl and it did not disappoint! If you haven't taken a trip to Mackinac and are considering it, I highly recommend going!



1 comment :

  1. These pics are adorable! I'm actually going to be visiting this island this summer, and I can't wait! It looks so picturesque!
    Sydney
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete