SOCIAL MEDIA

August 21, 2018

Life Update

Hey friends! This post is definitely long overdue. As much as I wish I haven't been, I've definitely been off the grid lately. There has been quite a few changes in my life over the past six months that have really turned my life upside down and I've just been trying to roll with it the best that I can.

This August, I planned on finally going off to Virginia to start my sophomore year of college at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA but then again how often do things really ever go the way we plan? In this case, they definitely didn't. One thing I've always been sure I want when I am off at school is a car which my parents planned on providing for me so I can save for one of my own during those years. Unfortunately, my parents were providing that car to my brother before me and he ended up in a wreck with it and it was completely totaled. At the time I was absolutely devastated, once again my plans for college hit a huge roadblock. I honestly had no idea what I was going to do for a few months. Eventually I came to the realization about a month ago that I should just stay at home for one more semester taking online classes so I can work more and save for a car. I've always made sure that the decisions I make will be most beneficial even if it isn't the most ideal and this was one of those decisions. So yet again, I find myself scrolling through social media completely jealous seeing my friends head back off to College while I'm still at home but another semester won't hurt!

So for the Fall Semester I am currently enrolled at Liberty University Online taking classes and working three jobs, yes three jobs. My work weeks average around 60-70 hours which I can imagine will decrease some once classes start so I can stay on top of my studies. I've been trying to find a good balance between work, extracurriculars, hobbies etc. and where blogging fits into all of it. Blogging is something I absolutely love doing and would do all the time if I could, unfortunately it never is able to fit into my schedule. As I stared at my planner last night trying to figure out where I could fit it in (because it was definitely making it's way in there), I realized just because I can't do it during the day doesn't mean I can't do it during the night. My days lately have consisted of working at least two jobs everyday, sometimes all three and so my nights will start to consist of blogging. For some that's really stretching themselves to thin but for me I think it's the perfect balance.

I love all of my jobs so much but it's nice to relax at the end of a long day and just do something for me. One question I'm asked almost every day is 'What made you decide not to go into politics?' since anyone who knows me knows I was involved in politics for 10+ years. My answer every time is that I don't really know but I realized I do know. I realized I found something I loved more than politics and it changed everything for me. The thing I loved more was Fashion & Marketing and I found that out through starting a blog which makes blogging a huge priority for me now.

All in all, while things definitely haven't turned out the way I've wanted them to, I can't help but still feel so blessed about all of it. Even though I have to work like crazy for a car, I'll still go off to College not only in a car I love but also one of my own. I'll definitely feel more ready for College and my tuition is a lot cheaper this semester by taking online classes. I have more time to spend with family and friends before I'm 500 miles away from them. And on top of it all, I get to blog a lot more and do what I love instead of trying to settle in at a whole new college in a new town. I'm constantly learning that my plan for me isn't always what God has planned and through it all, I need to trust in him. So heres to staying optimistic & blessed all while trusting in God through the good and bad.


Post a Comment